8 Fun Ways to Reuse Your Crib Mattress Pad
I've always cringed at the thought of throwing away perfectly good things, especially if they're still in great condition. I feel like I'm wasting money, even if I've gotten a lot of use out of them. I personally get a kick out of finding ways to give a second life to items that I no longer need.
I'm guessing that many moms like you probably have at least one crib mattress pad stashed away in the back of the closet. But what do you do with it once your child outgrows it?
There are many creative ways to repurpose it. You could...
- Turn it into...
- a changing pad cover
- a burp cloth
- a bib
- Use it as batting for your next sewing project. Depending on what you're creating, you may want to remove the waterproof lining first.
- Protect your dining room table and place it under a table cloth.
- Use it to cover the back seat in your car, especially if you have pets. It's also a great way to protect your seats after a day at the beach or at the pool.
- We've even had one of our customers tell us that they started using an old crib mattress as a dog bed so the mattress pad helps keep the bed clean.
- Donate it to your local animal shelter, but call and check before dropping it off. Some shelters will accept these as donations since mattress pads make a nice, soft bedding for dogs and cats. They usually even accept old blankets, sheets or towels if you have some to spare.
The possibilities are endless!
What other repurposing ideas that you have? We'd love to see what you can come up with!